What kind of sleep is best?
If you’re looking for the best night’s sleep, what kind of routine can make the difference between your best sleep, and just another night’s rest?
What kind of sleep is best?
You get your best sleep when your mind is calm and relaxed and you drift gently down through the three deepening levels of non-REM (Rapid Eye Movement). Your breathing and heart rate slow down. Comfortably supported, your body completely relaxes into a dead weight state.
How important is proper sleep?
“We don’t have a choice,” says sleep scientist, Dr Dale Rae. “Our very lives depend on at least a minimum amount of sleep every night. But a productive, best night’s sleep is a conscious decision.” This is where a properly considered, physical environment is key.
Does a bedroom setting really affect your best sleep?
Yes. Give some practical thought to the room in which you spend a third of your life. There are certainly ways to give your bedroom a calmer ambiance. Make it the best retreat possible from your daily bustle.
What is a typical “best sleep” bedroom?
Preferences differ. Here are a few pointers you may want to consider:
- Obviously, ensure you choose the perfect mattress size, and comfort level, that’s best for both you and your partner.
- You may like vibrant and colourful spaces, but consider more muted, neutral tones in a bedroom. A sense of calm is what you want.
- Softer lighting is more restful on the eye. Have a gentle bedside spotlight for reading that won’t disturb your partner’s sleep.
- Install blinds or curtains to block out early summer sunlight.
- Temperature is important. Your body cools down during deep sleep. Have enough ventilation to let in fresh air. Find the best temperature that works for you.
- Devices like televisions, computers and phones are sleep disrupters. Keep them out of the bedroom, or put them away (on do not disturb mode) before going to sleep. Consider a cabinet to close off a TV screen.
- It’s a good idea to keep your sleep sanctuary uncluttered. The less to think about, the better.
- Invest in comfortable bedding and pillows. The sensation of quality fabric and robust head support is comforting and relaxing.
- Dress for successful sleep. Putting on comfortable bed clothes is a routine trigger that readies you for sleep.
- As trivial as it may seem, make your bed in the morning. A tranquil, ordered bedroom invites a good night’s sleep.
Your best sleep starts with the best bed
At Dial•a•Bed you’ll find the widest range of trusted brands and quality mattresses. Be serious about your sleep. Afford yourself precisely the right comfort and support you deserve. Settle for nothing less than the perfect bed for the perfect bedroom. And enjoy your best night’s sleep, every night.
Your health comes first. Following current national health directives, Dial•a•Bed has undertaken strict environmental controls to ensure safe store visits. Of course, you may prefer to shop online at www.dialabed.co.za. All product handling and deliveries are also carefully monitored to provide a responsibly sanitized service.